Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Content is such a Wonderful Feeling

Since Friday I have done a TON of reading and am finding myself itching for the moments to do more!!  For anyone who wants any information, ideas, or just is curious about homeschooling, I HIGHLY recommend reading "The First Year Of Homeschooling Your Child" by Linda Dobson.  It is a wonderful book!  It has helped me come to total peace and assurance with myself that my choice in homeschooling my Children, is the perfect one for us.

I am learning so much about learning styles and that schools offer just one.  As they put it in the book, that let's say you have only one style and size of hat.  Then gather a group of children all the same age.  Put the hat on each one of them.  The hat may be too big or too small for some, it may be just perfect for others, but the point is that the one size/style of hat just isn't going to work for everyone.

The beauty about homeschooling for us is that each of my children do have thier own individual learning style(s) and whichever it is, we will be able to adjust our ways of learning to be perfect and just right for each of them!  I can recognize and honor thier learning styles rather than forcing them to do it one way and that way only.  They will recieve lessons that are individually crafted just for them!  In a public school (institution) it is impossible for them to do that for each child let alone my two.

I have purchased the Hooked on Phonics 5 level Program as well as the Hooked on Math 5 level Program.  I can't wait to do this with Krystian and watch him shine!!  He will LOVE it, but what's even better is we will do it at his own pace.  If he wasnt to do 15 days of straight math, then away we go! If he wants to mix it up then that's cool too!  And if we just take a day off or 2 weeks off, this is the joy of homeschooling --- WE CAN!!!!  :o)

I am watching Krystian playing......his personality is shining again.  He is pretending, roll playing, his affection/compassion is coming back, and just being a 5 year old.  It's awesome!!!  He wasn't doing as much of this when he was in school.....his attitude was just awful.....now, in only 3 days of not attending school, he is coming back!!  We aren't butting heads nearly as much as we were even a week ago.  We are enjoying eachother again.

I am content, and it just feels wonderful!!  I hope Krystian does or soon will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment